Smile, and let your denture forget your lost teeth.
Dentures Treatment for a Confident Smile in Newbury, BerkshireOver time, teeth can be lost to injury, tooth decay, gum disease, and other issues resulting in a compromised aesthetics. Many dental patients turn to dentures to reclaim their confidence and a gleaming smile. At Smile n Shine in Newbury, Berkshire, our professional dental team makes the process of getting dentures smooth from start to finish. We’ll help you choose the right type of dentures and make sure they give you back your natural-looking smile. Contact our office today to learn more about your options for dentures or schedule an appointment.
Why Are Dentures Used?
The dental professionals at Smile n Shine will guide you through the process of determining whether dentures are the right solution for your dental concerns. They’re custom-made for each patient, and we take all the proper steps to ensure your dentures are as comfortable and aesthetically pleasing as possible. They’re often a more cost-effective solution for filling unwanted gaps in teeth, especially if more than one needs to be replaced.
Types of Dentures Available
Several types of dentures are available for patients today, each providing a natural-looking solution for missing teeth. Our dental team can determine what type of denture treatment will help you achieve the goals you have for your smile. Some of the common denture treatments we offer at Smile n Shine include the following:
- Complete Dentures – Full or complete dentures consist of an acrylic plate that sits on the surface of your gums. A set of acrylic teeth is attached to the plate, which sits in the same position in your mouth as your original teeth were to provide the most natural-looking results.
- Partial Dentures – If you’re only missing a few teeth, partial dentures may be the perfect solution. A metal or plastic plate that has attached false teeth is used.
- Implant-Supported Dentures – This type of denture solution replaces several teeth at once by being fixed in place. They allow patients to have a stronger, more comfortable bite and restore their chewing ability. Patients are also less likely to suffer from pressure points or sore spots with implant-supported dentures. Many traditional denture wearers eventually switch to implant-supported dentures because they’re more comfortable and secure.
Benefits of Dentures
Dentures could be your best option if you’re looking for an effective solution for missing teeth. Some of the top benefits of various denture types include the following:
- Modern dentures are designed for comfort and an aesthetically pleasing smile.
- Dentures can restore your confidence, providing you with a radiant grin.
- Replacing missing teeth with dentures can help your face appear fuller,younger and livelier.
- Even if your jaw, teeth, or gums aren’t in excellent health, they’re an excellent restorative option.
- Dentures are easy to take care of and maintain.
- It improves your overall oral health, reducing the risk of tooth decay.
- They’re a cost-effective treatment option to restore your smile.
- You won’t have restrictions on what you can eat.
- They can help you pronounce words more clearly.
- And more!
Depending on the number of teeth to be replaced there are 2 types of dentures available :
- Removable partial dentures – these are removable dentures replacing one or few missing teeth. They take support from gums, adjacent soft tissues and adjacent teeth. For this, the adjacent teeth are not prepared for providing support unlike bridges.
- Removable complete dentures – complete dentures are recommended when all upper and/or lower teeth are missing. They take support of gums and adjacent soft tissues.
- Cast partial denture – cast partial dentures are a type of removable denture with a metal frame on which one or more artificial teeth are placed. The metal base gives very good fit and stability.
- Dental bridge – A dental bridge is a fixed solution to replace missing tooth / teeth by taking support of adjacent teeth. The only condition to satisfy before placing a dental bridge is that the condition of adjacent teeth should be good enough to support the bridge. They are an alternative to removable partial dentures..
- Dental implants – Dental implants are a more permanent fixed replacement of missing teeth which closely resemble the natural teeth. Dental implants consist of a dental screw which replaces the missing tooth root and a dental crown which replaces the crown of the natural tooth. They are the alternative to partial dentures and complete dentures. Few or all missing teeth can be replaced with dental implants.
- Handling the denture with care and avoiding it from falling.
- After every meal, remove the denture, wash it with soap water and brush before wearing them again.
- Soft tissue needs relief at night. So remove the dentures at night.
- After removing the dentures, massage your gums.
- Use soap water and a denture brush to clean the denture. Toothpaste and tooth powder is to be avoided as they contain abrasives.
- Visit your dentist every 6 months for a routine dental check up.
Why Choose Smile n Shine for Dentures?
At Smile n Shine, we know how important it is for you to feel good about your oral health and smile. Our professional dental team has years of experience, ongoing education, and the latest industry techniques and equipment to ensure all your dentistry needs can be met with a comfortable visit to our office. Patients throughout Newbury, Berkshire choose our dental practice because we’re committed to providing the best available treatment.
No matter what your dental health background is, we’ll do what’s necessary to ensure you feel comfortable and informed before providing any treatments. We believe in keeping ourselves updated with the latest knowledge by continuing professional development and clinical governance as required by the General Dental Council. We’ve also recently introduced 0% APR interest-free financing options to make getting the dental care you need easy.