Every tooth in man’s head is worth a diamond
What is root canal treatment?Root canal treatment aims to treat the bacterial infection of a tooth caused due to damaged pulp tissue, which is present inside the tooth.
Root canal treatment is necessary in following conditions :
- Dental decay that is deep enough to damage the tooth pulp tissue.
- Fractured teeth showing symptoms
- Chipped teeth which exposes pulp tissue
- Trauma to teeth
- Prolonged dental sensitivity
- Severe gum infection
No, you will be given local anaesthesia before starting the treatment. As the area will be numb, you won’t feel any pain.
In cases of severe destruction of tooth structure it is important to reinforce it by placing a dental crown. A compromised tooth structure can not bear the load of chewing forces on its own. We provide strength by placing a crown. At times, a front tooth may be fractured requiring root canal treatment. In this, a dental crown is placed to regain aesthetics
Maintenance efforts forms the basis of long lasting results
- Brush your teeth two times a day and floss once a day
- Gargle with water after every meal.
- Brush and keep the area around the root canal treated tooth to avoid food accumulation.
- Avoid eating sticky foods and hard substances with the root canal treated tooth.
- Visit your dentist regularly every 6 months for a routine dental check up.